Based on the juSpinX Fortran code, the modern spin simulation framework Spirit has been developed.
It's distinguishing features include:
- Modern, efficient and modular C++11 code
- CUDA backend for GPU parallelization
- Python bindings, i.e. you may use Spirit from Python scripts
- A graphical user interface is available for live user interaction and powerful visualisations
The scientific capabilities of Spirit include:
- Arbitrary lattice geometries, open and closed boundaries
- Complex anisotropic spin Hamiltonians including Zeeman, anisotropy and exchange terms, as well as Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya, biquadratic exchange and four spin interactions
- Landau-Lifshitz-Gilbert dynamics simulations
- Direct energy minimization
- Nudged elastic band calculations for transition paths
See also the group's website at juSpin.de.